We believe that God’s power and divine nature are revealed through His creation and through the Bible which is God’s ultimate and final authoritative rule for faith and practice. The Bible is a collection of sixty-six books known as the Old and New Testaments. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Romans 1:20
- We believe there is one God eternally existent in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – and that God is limited by nothing other than His own nature and character.
- We believe in the true deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ such that two distinct natures, divine and human, were joined together in one person. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, His atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father, current interceding at the Father’s right hand, and future personal return in power and glory. Hebrews 7:25; Romans 8:34; 1 John 2:1
- We believe the Holy Spirit is present in the world to make people aware of their need for Jesus Christ as Saviour and that the Holy Spirit lives in every Christian. We believe the Holy Spirit provides power for godly living, understanding of spiritual truths and enables Christians to work and share the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe all humans are created in the image of God and therefore all human life is inherently valuable. Genesis 1:27
- We believe that every person must be granted compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity.
- Although created in the image of God, we realize that without Jesus’ sacrifice we are all alienated from God due to our personal sin (transgression) and disobedience. We affirm that only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ are we restored. Romans 3:23; 6:23; 2 Corinthians 5:21
- We believe that we treat differences of opinions with respect. In matters dealing with essential beliefs, the core of truth, we call for unity. In non-essentials (important beliefs but not matters of salvation) we call for liberty so that all might follow their consciences. However, in all things there must love which binds everything together in perfect harmony.Colossians 3:14
The Church was founded by Jesus Christ and comprises those individuals who believe in the teachings of Jesus, have repented of their sins and are baptized. The Church is a community of baptized believers and is also known as the Body of Christ.
- The head of the church is Jesus Christ. Colossians 1:17-18a
- Followers meet regularly to encourage one another to live in obedience to God, worship God and study the Bible.
- The Mission of the Church is to continue the ministry of Jesus of bringing people back to a relationship with God.
- The Lord’s Supper: (also known as Communion or Lord’s Table) is shared together so that we may remember the sacrifice of Jesus who saves us from our sins. We thank God for the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This helps us to remember that we are not saved by our good works but by grace through faith in the very work of God.
- Baptisms: when an individual comes to faith in Jesus and wishes to commit to the Lordship of Jesus, he or she is baptized in a manner consistent with the Bible and receives the promised gift of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that because Jesus Christ is the true High Priest and that He has given us the Holy Spirit, we now have direct access to God.
- We believe that all church members use their God-given gifts (skills) doing good works to the glory of God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will physically return some day at a time known only to God. In the meantime, we wait eagerly for Jesus’ triumphal return.
- We believe that all of God’s people, both alive and dead will be gloriously transformed and resurrected at that time.